Bukwild exists to create healthy business with healthy human beings. We want it all. We believe you can deliver world-class craft from team members who are supported, honored and encouraged to find the right balance of work life and real life within the same continuum. And we believe you can do that for businesses who strive to create a healthier world.
What we do
Bukwild delivers world-class digital CX for DTC and brand initiatives.
Right-fit Team Members
We’re looking for team members who share our values for craft and balance. As well as an affinity for a healthy lifestyle and for the brands that promote it.
Bukwild is a boutique studio comprised of hands-on experts. The right-fit team members are as comfortable with collaboration as they are with taking the bull by the horns. We’re looking for equal parts humility and skill.
How we work together
We realize that there is a high bar to delivering on a great customer experience, while also providing a platform that’s easy for clients to manage without having to keep an agency on speed-dial. We have actively structured our project teams to deliver on these challenges – every website project has a dedicated Strategist to steward consumer insights and best practices, a Designer who can bring a brand’s position to life on the web, and also design for performance and conversion, and a Technology and Project Management team who is well-versed in platform integrations and delivering a scalable tool that empowers our clients’ teams. To be frank, we’ve all worked closely together on these things for years – we understand the obstacles that brand teams face, and we know how to address them.
What distinguishes us from our competitors?
Bukwild has 20 years of experience as a digital agency working with both household brands and helping launch new ideas into the world. For all of those 20 years, we have kept creative and technology teams working closely together under the same roof. Our experience has led us to a distinctly user-first approach to our work: we believe that when digital teams intentionally prioritize UX outcomes as related to business goals, it will ultimately yield stronger connections between brands and their consumers.
Put more directly: if you solve your customer’s problems and deliver real value, they’ll keep coming back. Everyone wins.
Role: Integrations Developer
Bukwild is hiring an Integrations Developer with deep experience in static site generation (SSG) via Vue.js and Nuxt.js. This role is primarily responsible for building and maintaining websites for both marketing and e-commerce as well as engineering solutions for integrations that may not expect a statically generated, client-side navigating website. For instance:
- Submitting forms to services like Marketo, Salesforce, Netlify Forms
- Send interaction events to GTM and Amplitude
- Share state between domains, such as a cart shared between www.domain.com and shop.domain.com sites
- Run experiments through Optimizely, VWO, or other testing software
- Integrate e-commerce services like subscriptions, personalization, and search
This will require foundational knowledge of Vue.js component lifecycle, experience extracting relevant information from weak documentation, understanding of CORS and REST requests, and the ability to find creative workarounds that aren’t fragile.
Bukwild is an interactive agency celebrating our 20th year in operation. We build public facing marketing and e-commerce websites. You will be part of a team of 5 other developers within a company that staffs designers, strategists project managers, and other support roles. The majority of our staff resides in and around our headquarters in Sacramento, CA though we have people in Washington and New York as well. We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on the rails. We believe strongly in taking pride in what you do, seeking excellence, while not sacrificing your personal life.
You are expected to be someone who works well with others, can talk directly to clients, and can self-manage on projects where you may be the only developer. You will work on creative projects where you are expected to speak up when you see room for improvement and advocate for website users. You should have an eye for aesthetics that demands the correction of too-wide padding, inconsistent font sizing, and scaled-up images. We want you to propose new technologies we should adopt and help us keep afoot with best practices of our industry. You should enjoy teaching others and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team. We challenge you to suggest and implement organizational changes that will increase your happiness.
Tools you’ll be using regularly:
- Nuxt.js (static site generation specifically)
- Netlify (including Functions and Forms)
- AWS Lambda
- Craft CMS (used headlessly with GraphQL API)
- Coffeescript, Stylus, and Pug
Tools that you’ll use occasionally:
- React and Next.js
- Webpack (as in bespoke configuration)
- PHP and MySQL (via Craft, Laravel, and WordPress)
- AWS deployment tools (CloudFormation, Amplify)
- Years of professional experience with a majority of the tools described under “stack”
- The ability to find creative solutions for integrating third party APIs and SDKs with SSG
- Dependable ability to take designs and turn them into responsive, unbreakable HTML and CSS that look as good as the source material
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates
- A track record of tidiness that results in refactoring to reduce repetition, improve reusability, and cleaner APIs
- A positive attitude, a friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, and an interest in working with others
- Full health coverage
- Uncapped paid time off
- Fully snacked-out kitchen
- Remote & Partial WFH/WFO options available
- Office located in Sacramento, CA
- Remote (US only) positions available
To apply, send an email to email@example.com