Senior Front End Developer
You will be responsible for building and styling components (Vue and React) for a variety of different stacks (Nuxt, Next, WordPress, Laravel, Craft, and custom) based on designs (via Zeplin or InVision Inspect).
You will be part of a team of 3-5 other developers within a company that staffs (in our Sacramento office) all the roles that allow Bukwild to function as a full service, interactive agency: designers, strategists, copywriters, producers, and many other roles. Common interests in our company include gaming, food, hiking, movies, cycling, family, and travel. We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on the rails. We believe strongly in pride in what you do, seeking excellence, while not sacrificing what matter most — you, your family, or your personal adventures.
You are expected to be an awesome person who works well with others, can talk directly to clients, and can self-manage on projects where you may be the only developer. You will work on creative projects where you are expected to speak up when you see room for improvement, implement rich transitions and animations of your own devising, and, above all, execute builds that match and improve upon source designs.
You should have an eye for aesthetics that demands the correction of too-wide padding, inconsistent font sizing, and scaled-up images. We want you to propose new technologies you think we should adopt and help us keep up with the best standards of our industry. You should enjoy teaching others and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team. We challenge you to suggest and implement organizational changes that will increase your happiness.
- Several years professional experience building components (either Vue or React)
- Dependable ability to take designs and turn them into responsive, unbreakable HTML and CSS that looks as good as the source material
- Experience enough to provide accurate time estimates
- Passion to spend the extra time building transition animations for state changes
- A positive attitude, a friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, and in interest in working with others
- Experience with Pug
- Experience with Stylus or Sass
- Experience with Coffeescript
- Experience with PHP, Node, Laravel, Wordpress, or any backend languages
- Full health coverage
- Uncapped paid time off
- Flexibility regarding working from home
- Fully snacked-out kitchen
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org