Bukwild exists to create healthy business with healthy human beings. We want it all. We believe you can deliver world-class craft from team members who are supported, honored and encouraged to find the right balance of work life and real life within the same continuum. And we believe you can do that for businesses who strive to create a healthier world.
What we do
Bukwild delivers world-class digital CX for DTC and brand initiatives.
Right-fit Team Members
We’re looking for team members who share our values for craft and balance. As well as an affinity for a healthy lifestyle and for the brands that promote it.
Bukwild is a boutique studio comprised of hands-on experts. The right-fit team members are as comfortable with collaboration as they are with taking the bull by the horns. We’re looking for equal parts humility and skill.
How we work together
We realize that there is a high bar to delivering on a great customer experience, while also providing a platform that’s easy for clients to manage without having to keep an agency on speed-dial. We have actively structured our project teams to deliver on these challenges – every website project has a dedicated Strategist to steward consumer insights and best practices, a Designer who can bring a brand’s position to life on the web, and also design for performance and conversion, and a Technology and Project Management team who is well-versed in platform integrations and delivering a scalable tool that empowers our clients’ teams. To be frank, we’ve all worked closely together on these things for years – we understand the obstacles that brand teams face, and we know how to address them.
What distinguishes us from our competitors?
Bukwild has 20 years of experience as a digital agency working with both household brands and helping launch new ideas into the world. For all of those 20 years, we have kept creative and technology teams working closely together under the same roof. Our experience has led us to a distinctly user-first approach to our work: we believe that when digital teams intentionally prioritize UX outcomes as related to business goals, it will ultimately yield stronger connections between brands and their consumers.
Put more directly: if you solve your customer’s problems and deliver real value, they’ll keep coming back. Everyone wins.
Role: UI Designer
We’re looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric design systems and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with strategists, developers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. Working closely with the other members of the studio, you will be expected to approach each assignment with a positive attitude and solution oriented mindset in order to create your best work.
You will be part of a team of 3-5 other designers within a company that staffs (in our Sacramento office, currently remote due to COVID-19) all the roles that allow Bukwild to function as a full service, interactive agency: designers, strategists, copywriters, producers, and many other roles. We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on the rails. We believe strongly in pride in what you do, seeking excellence, while not sacrificing what matters most — you, your family, or your personal adventures.
You are expected to be someone who works well with others, can talk directly to clients, and can self-manage on projects where you may be the only designer. You will work on creative projects where you are expected to speak up when you see room for improvement, implement strategic moods/concepts , and, above all, execute from concept to final execution.
You should have a strong understanding of culture in design and proactively participate in the global creative community. We want you to propose new ideas and concepts you think we should adopt and help us keep up with the best standards of our industry. You should enjoy teaching others and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team. We challenge you to suggest and implement organizational changes that will benefit the team.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Strong understanding of culture and trends in design and UI best practices
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and design thinking articulated during the interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, InVision, Asana.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in a sprint based development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
Nice to haves:
- A passion for Ecommerce
- Motion design
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Full health coverage
- Uncapped paid time off
- Fully snacked-out kitchen
- Remote & Partial WFH/WFO options available
- Office located in Sacramento, CA
- Remote (US only) positions available
To apply, please fill out this form