Bukwild is a design and technology studio serving DTC and B2B innovators.
Bukwild has 20 years of experience as a digital agency working with both household brands and helping launch new ideas into the world.
We sustain healthy business with healthy humans.
We’re just as serious about producing excellent work as we are about seeing our employees as real people with real lives outside of work.
We bring it on every project.
Our people show up every day with equal doses of humility and skill. We’re a nimble team of distinct individuals who know how to collaborate to get the job done.
Do you see yourself here?
Role: UI Designer
We’re looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric design systems and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with strategists, developers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. Working closely with the other members of the studio, you will be expected to approach each assignment with a positive attitude and solution oriented mindset in order to create your best work.
You will be part of a team of 3-5 other designers within a company that staffs (in our Sacramento office, currently remote due to COVID-19) all the roles that allow Bukwild to function as a full service, interactive agency: designers, strategists, copywriters, producers, and many other roles. We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on the rails. We believe strongly in pride in what you do, seeking excellence, while not sacrificing what matters most — you, your family, or your personal adventures.
You are expected to be someone who works well with others, can talk directly to clients, and can self-manage on projects where you may be the only designer. You will work on creative projects where you are expected to speak up when you see room for improvement, implement strategic moods/concepts , and, above all, execute from concept to final execution.
You should have a strong understanding of culture in design and proactively participate in the global creative community. We want you to propose new ideas and concepts you think we should adopt and help us keep up with the best standards of our industry. You should enjoy teaching others and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team. We challenge you to suggest and implement organizational changes that will benefit the team.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Strong understanding of culture and trends in design and UI best practices
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and design thinking articulated during the interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, InVision, Asana.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in a sprint based development process.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
Nice to haves:
- A passion for Ecommerce
- Motion design
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Full health coverage
- Uncapped paid time off
- Fully snacked-out kitchen
- Remote & Partial WFH/WFO options available
- Office located in Sacramento, CA
- Remote (US only) positions available
To apply, please fill out this form