Bukwild is hiring a Vue.js Developer who will be responsible for building and styling Vue components based on designs produced by Bukwild’s in house design team. An ideal candidate will have experience in advertising or marketing, where more effort is spent on aesthetics rather than implementing complex functionality.
Our typical Vue stack is composed of:
- Nuxt - Framework and static site generation build tooling
- Netlify - Host and CI/CD service
- Coffeescript - Favored way of writing JS
- Pug - Favored way of writing HTML
- Stylus - Favored way of writing CSS
The most common CMSs that we use are:
- Craft CMS - Used headlessly with GraphQL API
- Contentful - Using GraphQL API
- Shopify - We deploy themes as well as interact with Storefront GraphQL API
- WordPress - Using Vue with inline components
Common project types you will work on are:
- Creative marketing sites for mid-sized brands
- Direct-to-consumer e-commerce sites for brands
- New features and performance optimization for retained clients
You will be part of a team of 7 other developers within a company that staffs all the roles that allow Bukwild to function as a full service, interactive agency: designers, strategists, copywriters, producers, and many other roles. The majority of our staff resides in and around our headquarters in Sacramento, CA though we also have many, vital remote employees. We strive to keep meetings to a minimum while having enough structure to foster collaboration and keep projects on the rails. We believe strongly in taking pride in what you do, seeking excellence, while not sacrificing what matter most — you, your family, or your personal adventures.
You are expected to be someone who works well with others, can talk directly to clients, and can self-manage on projects where you may be the only developer. You will work on creative projects where you are expected to speak up when you see room for improvement, implement rich transitions and animations of your own devising, and, above all, execute builds that match and improve upon source designs. You should have an eye for aesthetics that demands the correction of too-wide padding, inconsistent font sizing, and scaled-up images. We want you to propose new technologies we should adopt and help us keep afoot with best practices of our industry. You should enjoy teaching others and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team including contributing to our open source packages. We challenge you to suggest and implement organizational changes that will increase your happiness.
- Professional experience building components (either Vue or React)
- Dependable ability to take designs and turn them into responsive, unbreakable HTML and CSS that look as good as the source material
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates
- Instinctual tidiness that leads to refactoring in order to reduce repetition, improve reusability, and make cleaner prop APIs
- Passion to spend the extra time building transition animations for state changes
- A positive attitude, a friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, and an interest in working with others
- Must be authorized for employment in the US
Nice to Have
- Experience with Pug, Stylus, or Coffeescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing Lambdas or other server-side Functions
- Experience with PHP, Node, Laravel, Wordpress, or any backend languages
- Full medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Generous work/life flexibility
- Office located in Sacramento, CA
- Remote (US only) positions available
The first step to apply is to complete our Vue.js dev test. It should be self explanatory but if you have any questions, feel free to contact email@example.com. Please note that you MUST complete this test to be considered. There are instructions for how to submit your test at the bottom of test description.
Thank you for your interest!